Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baby Jesus

DSCN1050

I made this card for my club the other day.  I really love the idea of the baby Jesus under the star that shone so brightly.  I love great nativity sets, but often I forget to order them or I don’t like the look of the sets.  I loved the elegant look of this First Christmas stamp set and I wanted to make it look like Jesus was being illuminated by the light from the star. 

This is a non-traditional color combo, but I love the look of the More Mustard here.

DSCN1051

Just for my mom, I tried another version of the same card.  I used Baja Breeze and Night of Navy for this version.  I stamped in versamark and added Irridescent Ice EP on top.  I like the stark look of this as well. 

I still want to try some more of these cards out…..I just need to actually make it down to the stamp cave to get something done!!!!  Snow day anyone?!  Winking smile

Stamps:  First Christmas

Ink:  More Mustard, Night of Navy, VersaMark

Paper:  More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Whisper White

Accessories:  Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Basic Rhinestones, Chevron and Houndstooth Textured Embossing Folders, Sponges

No comments: