Thursday, June 20, 2013

Zoo Review: By Carol Manning

Where does the time go?  It flies, I tell ya’!  At least when it’s not a long work day, it sure does!  We have t-ball games and dance recital this week – that makes for a busy week for us – but alas, it is a good week.

I adore these incredible cards Carol has made to inspire us this month.  She made these while she was waiting on her new goodies to come in, so I suspect she has some more gorgeous cards up her sleeve!  Winking smile

These cards all use a great stamp set that really is nice for watercoloring – it is called Zoo Review.  I have used this stamp set for cards as well as scrapbook pages.  A few years ago I used these stamps to embellish pictures from our stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge!  I love the realistic sketches of the animals. 

Scan0031

First up is Mr Lion – he is looking fierce, I tell you – love how these Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler colors make this card so manly.

Scan0030

Check this out!!!!  Why did I never think about this?  How cool is this idea to create spots on the mat of the card that resemble the giraffe?!  Wow!  I love how is it embossed with the lattice folder also, great texture!

Scan0027

Here is a great birthday card – love the delicate bow with the stamped birthday image.  These penguins have just the right touch of color to make them pop, also!

Scan0028

Again – just a little bit of coloring on this polar bear really makes him stand out – this is a great color combo for the polar bear.  It would make a great baby card, too!

Scan0029

And one more incredible background for this zebra card – Carol – you knocked these cards out of the park, my dear!  I just love the zebra background – these are truly outstanding!  Thanks for some awesome inspiration! 

No comments: