Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentine Stamp a Stack

If you sign up for the Valentine class on Sunday, this is what you are going to be making! Just imagine - 20 cute valentines and a mailbox into which you may place them!
This is the same design that you see on the front of the mailbox. I thought the V in LOVE looked like a vase, so I colored it in with water. I like how it added a little personality to it!
I liked using the heart to heart punch to make this little butterfly, and I thought the sentiment would go well on a Valentines day card.

The dimension at the top of this card was made by punching out holes with a 1/2" hole punch and putting them on top of the same color. I thought it kind of looked neat.

I saw another blog that used the oval punch on the birds and thought it was so cute, I wanted to try it myself. I embossed the heart to heart image on the hearts at the bottom with irridescent ice and then punched them out for the bottom and top.

Here is a picture of the mailbox I made to hold all of the valentines. It was super easy to make! I tried to tie it in to the cards by using some of the same designs so that everything matches and coordinates. Are you in the mood for love yet?

4 comments:

Tina said...

Adorable and clever!

Lynda Benden said...

This is a fantastic collection! You did a wonderful job!

Simone said...

Wow, this is unbelievable! So many gorgeous cards! And the mailbox is so stunning! Fantastic, Valerie.
Here in Germany it is unusual to send so many (!) cards on Valentine´s Day. That´s why I wonder at your special mailbox. :-)
Greetings from Germany
Simone

LORi said...

So Cute Val!!