Monday, February 23, 2009

A tree for our hike!

Well, it's not very clear, but you can get the idea of the page I made last night. We went hiking in Morehead on the Sheltowee Trace last fall, so these pictures were from the beginning of our hike. I had a picture of the turtle, the Sheltowee Trace path symbol. I wanted to show how it was the symbol we followed throughout the hike, but I didn't want it to take up too much space. I thought a little while and decided I would make a tree on which the turtle could be displayed - just like on our hike.
To make the tree I first cut out several leaves in Old Olive using a Provocraft set of leaves I found in the fall. Next, I used sticky strips and LOTS of messy glue to wind common jute around to make a trunk. I stamped several of those circular spray images (I don't know how else to describe them!) onto Kiwi Kiss from the Good Friend set and cut them out with a circle punch. Layering them on with stampin' dimensionals finished off my tree. Finally, I added the turtle symbol.
To finish the page, I grouped all of the pictures together in the center of the pages and round the outside corner edges. After adding a Making Memories tag for the title and journaling, I made a little birdie using more Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip ink. The legs and beak are More Mustard. I thought it was a good final touch to our page.



No comments: