Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Treats

Well, shoot me right now! I had this grand idea that I would make heart shaped pancakes and things all day tomorrow for Valentine's day to celebrate...my lesson has been learned. You obviously NEVER wait until the day before a holiday to find heart shaped items when you live in a small town! I finally found a lip cookie cutter and a 3 heart shape. Not what I wanted, but I'll have to live with it until next year!

Anyway, enough grumbling...these pictures are terrible because I almost forgot to take them! I remembered to take these pictures last night at about 11:00, so the lighting and picture quality is terrible, but, oh well...

The card above is what I put in the little bucket of treats for all of the workers at my daughter's daycare. I decorated some of the buckets with some of SU's decor elements to add a little flare to the buckets. The cards were at the top of the bucket. As you can see, my 2-year old helped me make them.
Here is the front of the bags I made. I used the bottom 4 inches of a paper bag, a 4 X 5 1/4" card with a top note die cut for the front and back, and I punched an oval out of the top for the handle. I didn't bother to put the back picture in - it also had the top note, but my daughter drew a picture (or scribble as it may be!) and I wrote a note to tell what it was.
The overhead shot of all the goodies for the kiddos at the daycare. It is a much better picture, too bad we have a bunch of chocolate left! I guess I'll have to share it with all the people coming to my open house on Sunday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the little bag idea! I'm so totally borrowing that one, Val!