Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vintage Santa scrapbook page

Did you miss out on my scrapbook club today?  This is one of the projects we made during our club meeting.  I really love the way this page turned out. 
I used a 6X6 basic black background and a photo mat using the Newsprint DSP.   The pleated trim was made using a 3/4" X 8 1/2" strip of real red.  I scallop punch the edge and then crunched it up.  Next I used my distressing tool to peel apart the layers and then pleated it.  Finally, I layered Vintage lace to cover the seam between the two layers.
For Santa, I stamped the Santa face from the Jolly Old St. Nick stamp with StazOn ink on Very Vanilla.  I used my markers to color directly on the image.  I used Sahara Sand to highlight the shadows of the beard and Real Red to color his lips.  I colored his face with Blush Blossom and highlighted his cheeks with Blushing Bride.   As a glimmering finish, I put Dazzling Diamonds on the white trim of his hat and chunky red glitter for the main part of his hat.  I find that if I use Crystal Effects to put the chunky glitter on, it stays much better. 

Stamps:  Jolly Old St. Nick
Ink:  Black StazOn, Charcoal (from Distressing kit)
Paper:  Newsprint DSP, Basic Black, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stampin' Write markers, Dazzling Diamonds, Chunky Essentials red glitter, Distressing Kit, Victoria Crochet Trim

No comments: