Friday, March 16, 2012

6X6 scrapbook layout

I made a 2-page layout for this month's club meeting and was quite pleased with the result.  I stuck with a monochromatic look with just touches of color to make the colors really pop.  I sponged the edges of the pages with Crumb Cake ink.  Both sides are nearly identical, only a few changes to switch it up.
So here is the left side of the page.  The layer next to the bottom on both sides is a 5" square.  I used the ticket corner punch to punch each corner out and add a little bit of interest.  Both sides also have pennant baners - I've been in a banner mood lately!  Each of those were cut to 5 1/2" X 1" before trimming and adding the pennant bottom.  The photo mats are 2 3/4" X 3 3/4" with the kraft mat being 3X4".
On this left side the only change I made was to add this die cut butterfly and a few rhinestones.  You can barely see it, but there is a hint of some Vanilla seam binding ribbon behind the butterfly to make antennae.
And on this right side everything stays the same.  The only change is the Apothecary Art journaling spot.  I stamped it in Soft Suede and colored the flowers using Marina Mist and Pear Pizzazz.  I added one tiny rhinestone in the center.  To finish, I cut this piece as well as a mat in Crumb Cake using the framelits.

Stamps:  Apothecary Art
Ink:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Crumbe Cake, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau DSP
Accessories:  Ticket Corner punch, sponges, Framelits, Butterfly die cut, Basic Rhinestones, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon

No comments: