Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Easter card

I've been drooling over this lattice die forever now and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy it recently!  I love the look of the lattice die and I especially love the way you can make this gorgeous cross out of it! 
With Easter coming soon, I envisioned the pieces of this card, I just had to figure out how to put them all together.  I could see the lily going on the Easter card with the cross, I just had to take all of my pieces and lay them in different spots until I found something pleasing to the eyes.  I finally decided on this design.
The lily comes from the 5th Avenue Floral set - This is a really terrific set for watercoloring and making gorgeous flowers.  For this lily, I decided to use Pink Pirouette and a tiny bit of Regal Rose.  I actually took my markers and outline the edges of the flower with mostly Pink Pirouette and highlighted a couple of shadow areas with Regal Rose.  I thoroughly wet the image with my aquapen and blended the colors until I was satisfied with the result.  After it dried, I highlighted the stamen with Early Espresso and Daffodil Delight.  And, of course, since I am addicted to glitter, I highlighted a few spots with Dazzling Diamonds! (There can be much worse addictions than glitter and markers, right?!??!)

Stamps:  5th Avenue Floral, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose
Paper:  Whisper White, Watercolor paper, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Rhinestones, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Lattice Die Cut, Little Leaves Sizzlit

No comments: