Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Guest Designer: Carol M.

Please forgive me for my lack of posts.  At this point in the pregnancy, there's pretty much a lack of anything going on right now!  I have about 2 more weeks left until the baby is here.  I feel absolutely huge.....let me restate that....I AM absolutely HUGE!  But, otherwise, I am doing okay.  I am not doing a great job of keeping up with my housework....or my leisure scrap time.  I pretty much get super tired in the evening and just go and go until I give out.  Thus....not much time for fun stuff like blogging.

Lucky for you, one of my lovely customers, Carol M. sent me a gorgeous array of cards a few weeks ago.  I loved them all....I just have been too tired to get this post done!  Imagine that!
So, without further ado, let's adore some of her marvelous work!
Love the coloring on this Apothecary Art in the framelit!  So springy!
Look how creative this card is!  She has the embossed hearts, the embossed edgelit, and the oval frame inside the framelit - I love that idea - I don't think I had thought of embossing the smaller framelit cutouts with the oval frame!  I love those flowers framed inside, too!
I'm pretty excited about this card - I just got this stamp when I ordered a few digital books, so I love the look of this black and white card.  Very elegant - perfect for a wedding!
Now, hello, Easter!  How sweet is this punch/big shot bunny?  There's a top note die cut at the back along with several circle and oval punches.  But, you know what my favorite part is?  The floppy ear with the bow!  Too cute!
I love the combination of the polka dots in last year's spring paper and the perfect polka dot embossing folder on the white paper.  The butterfly on top just tops it off like a cherry on top!
Here's a lovely quilted look on this card.  She took the postage stamp punch (I think) and left a tiny seam between each and then embossed with the lattice embossing folder.  Darling little banner and bow  - I like that combination of the Pool Party seam binding ribbon and the Calypso Coral organza ribbon coming out from underneath.
I love this little set of stamps.  I don't have it, but it looks like it would be so much fun to color - and the little chick hatching is so cute!  Sometimes I get stamp envy....and then I think about the number of stamps I already have.....too many.....I think I'll be okay!  But I still like it!
Ah, another elegant black and white card here.  Simply stunning and so simple!  I love this flower flourish stamp in the Sale-a-Bration catalogue!  Only one more month to enjoy Sale-a-Bration benefits!
Here's another toy I need to play with some more!  I just got this daisy die cut a month ago and have yet to use it on my cardstock.  I cut several material flowers from it, but I love the full layers of the flower on this card.  Great use of that sale-a-bration paper!
Here's another simple all occasion card - with the lovely embosslit butterflies - you can't go wrong with a pure trail of butterflies!
But, you can get even better with this card!  I love the combination of polka dot embossing folder and large butterflies layered on the layered squares.  Clean and simple, but very elegant and perfect for any occasion!
And, one final clean and simple card to say thanks to you for looking and thanks to Carol for sharing her magnificent talents! 

I can't wait to see what else Carol and Jenny have for us to enjoy!  Jenny is back from Florida, so I suspect Jenny and Carol are planning a little card making haven together soon!  We get to be the lucky recipients of their gorgeous work!  :)  Thanks, Carol!

And remember, you too can share your lovely Stampin' Up creations with me too!  I love to spotlight my terrific customers and their incredible talents. 

I'm signing off for now....got to get some sleep!


No comments: