Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sweet Shop Scrapbook page

I bet from the first glance you wouldn't have thought this page was created using the Sweet Shop specialty designer series paper!  That is what I really love about this pack of paper!  Not only does the paper have all of the cute little candy looks, if you turn it over, you find some very neutral patterns that can be used for nearly anything!   
Take for instance this page about our love of the Shamu show at Sea World.  All of the patterned paper is from this pack.  I love this Pool Party paper - it seems like it is wavy like the waves of a pool or the ocean.  I made waves along this border and wrote my journaling along underneath those waves (I think I may have cut that part off, though!)
Here you can see it a bit better.  Notice that heart strip - this is a strip of the patterned paper.  The white hearts are embossed, so if you flip it over (like I did at the top), you will get the reverse debossed image.  I found some Shamu epoxy stickers on clearance at one of the big box stores a while back, so I couldn't resist adding them to my page.  It lit my daughter's face up to see those! 

Paper:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Sweet Shop Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Scallop edge punch, Shamu epoxy stickers (non-SU)

No comments: