Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gradient Brayer Cards

IMG_1319.JPG (2)

I have gotten my brayer back out this week and started playing with it again.  I decided to create a couple of cards with a gradient background – a background that starts with a saturated look at the top and fades into a white background.  I was quite pleased with the results.  I think even the hubs liked these cards!  Winking smile

The first card here uses one of the Hostess sets, Morning Meadows.  I really like the stamps in this set – I think I have used them quite a few times now!  I need to work on an eye for that bird, though – the rhinestones are a bit too big and the chalk is a little bit light. 

IMG_1318.JPG (2)

This card uses my very favorite stamp set out of the upcoming holiday catalogue – Special Season.  I love the Christmas tree and the greetings in this set.   And just wait until you see the shiny Designer Series Paper that goes with it!  Oooh la la!!!!  You’re going to love the new holiday catalogue!  It’s like taking a trip through IKEA for stampers!  Lots of inspiration and goodies!

Here I brayered Pool Party at the top.  I stamped the tree in Garden Green and then masked a ground area.  I brayered the bottom with Sahara Sand and added a greeting in Cherry Cobbler.  Now that’s what I call Christmas in July, folks!  Smile

Stamps:  Morning Meadow, Special Season

Ink:  So Saffron, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Garden Green, Pool Party

Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Accessories:  Chalk marker, Brayer, Basic Rhinestones, Lucky Limeade Organza Ribbon

No comments: