Friday, July 19, 2013

Regarding Dahlias

I absolutely adore this stamp set – it was on my must have list as soon as I got the new annual catalogue this year!  And then I hesitated to buy it…..why?  I don’t know.  Once I bought it I was in love with it!  I haven’t even watercolored it yet, but I already love it! 

IMG_1315.JPG (2)

I started with this card – it was inspired by a card I saw on Shelli Gardner’s blog (the CEO and founder of Stampin’ Up).  Obviously, her card was much more beautiful and elegant than mine, but I liked the clean and simple one-layer card.

IMG_1313.JPG (2)

I had the background pieces (Marina Mist and Night of Navy) already glued together for some Christmas cards I never sent, so I decided to put them to good use on these cards.  Essentially they are the same card, just different sentiments.  I love the flower in yellow, though! 

IMG_1314.JPG (2)

Stamps:  Regarding Dahlias, Best of Shelli

Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Pool Party, Soft Suede

Paper:  Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette

Accessories:  Yellow gingham washi tape

No comments: