Monday, July 29, 2013

What to Washi

Don’t you just love the name of the most recent online class offered by Stampin’ Up?  I don’t know why – I just think it’s funny!  But I have been working on making some cards inspired by the class projects – I don’t always have everything on hand, so I like to use what I have and make my own creations.

DSCF6676

So first up is a little notecard that uses the Epic Day paper and the Epic Day washi – very simple.  I stamped right on the washi – I think I used Basic Grey for this one….but it may have been black Staz On – I can’t remember!  I added a few Pool Party candy dots and that was it!

DSCF6677

For a little Christmas change, I decided to use the Holly Jolly Christmas stamp from the Tags 4 U stamp set in the holiday catalogue coming up.  I also used the Label Bracket punch to match.  Super fun look and so easy to make!

DSCF6678

Finally, I think this one is my favorite – a birthday card using the Gingham Garden washi – again – super clean and simple but lots of punch to it! 

So, if you want to check out this online class, just click on the class picture below:

134743L

The class includes these topics and a few videos to show you how to do the techniques in the class:

  • The Washi Basics
  • Washi-The Next Step
  • Above and Beyond
  • Sharing Washi with Others
  • Memory Keeping
  • Storage
  • Only the Beginning. . .

No comments: