Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Liz Qualman Sketch

Well, I just found out that I am a winner at Sketches in Thyme for the week!
That's pretty exciting!  It could only have been better if I was also the winner of a Glimmer Mist prize pack for the month!  Hee Hee! 
Anyway, so you know me.....I am an admitted sketch junkie.  So, of course, when I find a site called "My Little Sketch Book" by the infamous Liz Qualman, I'm all eyes!  So here is a sketch she posted earlier this week for a publication called ScrapStreet. 

And here's my take on the sketch.  I had some kind of random pics of my little girl being her typical self - acting silly, making up songs, and pretending to play the guitar.What can I say?  They were perfect for this layout!  So, what better title than My Song Bird - with a cute little owl, of course!
Here's is a closeup of the left side of the layout.  You'll notice that I used some of the Greenhouse Gala DSP at the bottom and actually cut the zigzag pattern out to create a different type of border on my paper.  Kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown!  Anyway, I added a little strip of Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon tied on the edge with a little bit of linen thread. 
The letters are puffy letters made by making Memories. 
The flower and journaling embellishments are all from Basic Grey.
Here's my cute little owl with blingy eyes.  I just love that punch!  Whoooooo can resist? 

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

Fun sketch and super cute layout! I love the theme of the page and your owl accenting it!