Sunday, March 13, 2011

Studio Calico is from my home state!! Kentucky proud scrapping!

Okay, so you already know that I went to CK Convention, Louisville yesterday.  Did you know that there is a scrappy manufacturer in my state?!?!?!?  Really - 1 1/2 hours away from me!  I can't believe it!  Studio Calico, which was primarily a kit club, has branched out and started manufacturing paper, stickers, rub-ons, you name it - great stuff!  And they live that close to me!  They even graduated from WKU, the same college from which my sweet husband graduated!  How cool is that? 
So anyway, the above two pages are the result of a Misting and More class that I took yesterday from April Foster, the CEO and owner of Studio Calico.  Super cool!  Lots of masking - I can see some more Smooch, Glimmer Mist, and Mr. Huey coming to some scrapbook pages and cards near me soon!
I took a pile of pictures with me to have in case they fit the layouts I was making.  I originally saw this layout and though, hmmm....I'll probably put something different on the journaling for this page.  It says, "Be yourself, everyone else is taken."  And then I saw these pictures of my daughter in full-on dress up mode, the usual mode 4 out of 7 days of the week at our house....I decided maybe I would keep that little saying on my layout.  Great Basic Grey papers and stickers, too!  Yum!

1 comment:

Christine Meyer said...

I'd agree with you on your style assessment...classic mixed in with some cutesy and whimsical (: