Friday, February 10, 2012

Faux Tile: Sprinkled Expressions trio of cards

Here are some samples of cards I made using the Sprinkled Expressions stamp set that is in the Sale-a-Bration catalogue.  We are making these cards at the club meeting Saturday morning. 
I used the same basic recipe for all of the cards - I just switched up which stamp set or piece of DSP I used for a different look each time. 
Here is a Valentine version of the card - I used the Outlined Occasions stamp set for the sentiment inside.
And finally, a congrats card for someone who has accomplished something special. 

Faux Tile:
You may notice the background has somewhat of a checkerboard appearance to it.  To get this faux tile effect, I used my Simply Scored board and scored lines horizontally and vertically. 
In the top picture, I stamped BEFORE scoring the lines.
In the bottom two pictures I scored first, THEN stamped.  It leaves a little bit of an impression that shows up when you stamp your image - you can really see it pop in the Poppy Parade heart card.
Also, the first two cards were scored ever 3/4".  The last card was scored at every 1/2" for a closer checkerboard look.

Stamps:  Sprinkled Expressions, Outlined Occasions
Ink:  Pool Party, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Accessories:  Simply Scored, Scallop edge and heart border punches, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Calypso Coral Organdy Ribbon, Large Oval punch, Everyday Enchantment brad pack, Textured Impressions embossing folders

No comments: