Sunday, February 12, 2012

Springtime bookmarks

Since Charlotte, our head librarian, was the hostess of our club yesterday, I thought it was only fitting to create bookmarks as one of our projects yesterday.  I made two different versions of the bookmarks. 
This version here uses the glorious Springtime Vintage fabric and the Flower Fun Folds Bigz Die.  I just cut several layers of flowers out (I think about 5-6 in different sizes) and hot glued away.  I layed the first flower down and hot glued the ribbon on TOP of it to hide the end of the ribbon.  Next, I just hot glued and layered until I was finished.  I topped it off with a large Not Quite Navy button.

Supplies:  Flower Fun Folds Bigz Die, Springtime Vintage fabric, Certainly Celery striped grosgrain ribbon, Extra large buttons (retired) 
Here is another version of the bookmark.  If you are wanting a bookmark that you will always use in the same book - for instance, a Bible or a journal, you can make your flowers the same way with the ribbon.  I just added a loop around each side of the hair band that gives the bookmark a bit tighter fit around your book and holds it in place with just a bit of elasticity.

Supplies:  Daisy die cut, Flirtatious Designer Fabric, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Melon Mambo button (retired), Wisteria Wonder baker's twine

No comments: