Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pedal Praise: My Paper Pumpkin - My Way

IMG_1440.JPG (2)

Can you tell I loved this kit??!!?!?  Loved the bicycle stamp – loved the thank you flag – loved the color scheme and card bases!   Now this is what I call freedom for the My Paper Pumpkin Challenge!

IMG_1426.JPG (2)

Here is the basic card that came with the kit – I followed the instructions in the kit to create these – Hannah made all four of her cards in 20 minutes flat!

IMG_1427.JPG (2)

Now….I get my kit so I can play with it and see what I can do with it…I just check out other people’s ideas and then just let the creative juices flow.  I got this idea from Stamp Your Art Out – I just scored a line down the middle of the front and folded the card base in toward itself.  Here is what is looks like opened up.

IMG_1428.JPG (2)

To get the movement on the bike I just stamped the image on the right and kept scooting the bike back and stamped again until the image was faint.

IMG_1430.JPG (2)

For this card I took a scrap of Bermuda Bay and stamped my Positively Chevron stamp in Illuminate ink – it’s nice and shimmery in real life. 

IMG_1432.JPG (2)

And, since I am a scrapbooker first, I just had to make a scrapbook page!!!  On this top page I took the card base and cut it down the middle for photo mats.  The sentiment stamp is from the Feel Goods stamp set.

IMG_1435.JPG (2)

Here is the other side of the page – I punched a few extra Rasberry Ripple chevrons to add some color to my side strip. 

IMG_1436.JPG (2)

I just so happened to have a picture of my children from last fall when my daughter was out on her bike – how perfect was that?!  It amazes me how quickly time flies – last year my daughter was on training wheels and my son was in a baby carrier on my chest.  This year she rides without her training wheels and he runs around squealing with delight!

IMG_1441.JPG (2)

And just to use up some scraps, I made these little cards out of the scraps on my table.  The tape at the bottom is actually My Mind’s Eye washi tape – it was really perfect for the extra cards!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my!! Ive been out of town all week and haven't been able to play with my new Pumpkin. These set is wonderful. You inspired me indeed. Lovely work Valerie. Thanks for linking up to My Pumpkin Challenge!!!
Jessica

Boni Montaño said...

Beautiful creations!! I love how you thought outside the box and made a variety of cards. Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge! :)

Heather said...

I LOVE the scrap pages - so fun!That little bike goes with ANYTHING! thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!