Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wonderful Blessing

DSCF0667

A while back, one of my friends and hostesses asked me to play with the Wonderful Blessing stamp and come up with some different ideas for a card using the stamp.  I was happy to oblige, of course!

DSCF0668DSCF0669

Here were my first two attempts – I made a starburst using a large post-it not and spritzed the background with Smooch Spritz.  I embossed the image on Midnight Muse using the silver and gold ink and clear embossing powder.

DSCF0670

Here I used the diagonal stripe embossing folder to emboss my Pool Party background.  I stamped the image in versamark on Pool Party paper and embossed again with clear powder.  This time I used sponges in Midnight Muse and Baked Brown Sugar to create an emboss resist so that it looked like the evening sky looking down on Bethlehem.

DSCF0671

Using versamark on crumb cake, I got a tone on tone look here.  I think it needs a little splash of color somewhere, though.

DSCF0673

Leslie liked this card the best, so to spruce up the card some, I used the silver ink, but when I heat embossed it this time, I used silver embossing powder.  What a world of difference!  The image is so much more crisp this time!  It is incredible the difference that made! 

So, have you been playing with any of your stamps lately?  Share with us all what you’ve made!!!

No comments: