Friday, May 29, 2009

6 X 6 Album in 3 hours


Okay, so here is a post that shows the card and
6X6 album that I made the day my newest relative
was born. Since Brinklee was born on Memorial Day, it made a perfect day to do a power scrap project!

You'll notice almost everything in the card and the album use the SU Baby Girl Simply Scrappin' kit. Obviously, you could do this with any kit, I just went with the baby girl kit for pretty obvious reasons! I tried to keep the pictures small so it won't take forever and a day to download this, so feel free to click on the pictures for a more close up view.

Here is the cover page - nice and simple. All included in the kit other than some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon across the bottom there. Most of these layouts are good for just putting a picture down and being done with the page.


The next pages I made included an introducing baby page where you can list all the specifics of the baby's birth. She was a darling 7 pounds and 11 ounces and had a full head of dark hair, by the way!

Here is an inside page. The flowers are actually stickers and then I made the center of the top flower with a button. The bashful blue has a scalloped edge using the punch. The only other thing I added was a stamp from the Stitched Exotics which comes out from underneath the flowers.

Here is another inside page. I just tore a scrap of paper to make the edges. I punched a few scallop shapes as well as a few flowers with my big shot and made the side borders. All of the side stickers with words are related to each month of the babies first year or a milestone the baby will do during that first year.

Here is another page that added a few punches from the big shot. This time I used the stars #2 to create the accents. The only other thing I added was some ribbon across the bottom.



Another page made with a few punches,
stickers, ribbon and a hand-crocheted flower that my friend made for me. I thought the colors matched the album colors nicely.





Once again, I punched some circles and some hearts to make this page. I made a little bow with the ribbon to accent the sticker and attached a button in the center of it.




I know I had some other pages in there, but I think they got lost between my camera and the computer...you know how that goes! Anyway, this is the final page. As you can see, nothing special went into this album but the love and time it took to make it. Anyone can make this! And...I have enough left for another one!

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

This looks great! What a great gift it will make, and I love that it was pretty quick too!