Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wedding shower card

One of the new teachers at our school is getting married this summer, so we had a shower for her just the other day. Since she is such a doll and a sweet club member, I decided to go all out and make her a wedding cake pop-up card.
I used Almost Amethyst and Pretty in Pink with a little Basic Grey ink. I flipped the Sweet Sunday sketch at http://kgiron.blogspot.com/ to help my idea for the design. The Lovey Dovey heart is actually stamped i grey on a piece fo white paper, but I watercolored it with Amethyst with my Aqua Painter. The other sentiment is from the 8 Great Greetings set. I added a white grommet and some white satin ribbon and it was a nice little cluster on the front.
The inside uses the pop-up cake. In addition to the white satin, I added just a little grey taffeta ribbon and a small white flower and pearl.





2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love this card with the pop-up cake! This is so sweet and she will just love it.

kat said...

Great card, love the pop up cake. Now I have to buy it. Like I need a reason,lol.