Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New big shot die cut

I looked on a great new website I just discovered thanks to Liz of my SCS blogger group: http://myscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/ I love to use sketches to help me create my pages. It's just one more step I can use that helps me save time, and since I'm a pretty linear and simple scrapper, they usually work well for my purposes.

So, anyway, the first page is based on the sketch and the second page of the layout is just an extension of that. If you're wondering about the title, my daughter used to say, "Sh, sisen" when she wanted us to listen to something and we just thought that was adorable. Even better, my husband caught a picture of her saying that when we were camping last summer - how sweet!

The layout uses Kiwi Kiss, Basic Grey, and A Walk in the Park DSP. I liked being able to add my new birds and branches die-cut for this page. It filled in a little white space that was just too empty and also contributed to the nature theme. I wanted just a touch of bling, so I added a little turqoise glitter to the bird and the pond that surrounds the journaling. The ribbon is basic grey taffeta and the stamp set is Defining Alphabet with Whisper White craft ink.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the layout & colors! I bet the two pages look great side-by-side!

katiesniche said...

Great pages! I love the 'sisen' that is way too cute and definitely something to document!