Thursday, May 21, 2009

Which bear do you like?

For my club meeting this month my hostess, Angel let me borrow a few of her manly stamp sets to help create a Father's day card. I chose to use the bold images of the retired SU stamp set called Pines. I really like the solid images and thought they would make pretty brayered landscape scenes.
For the top card, I stamped the pine tree image in Always Artichoke and the bear in black and then embossed each with clear embossing powder. Then I brayered Old Olive on the bottom for the grass and then sponged Garden Green around the edge. Finally, I brayered Baja Breeze on the sky. I punched out a circle to mask a moon and then sponged over that with Not Quite Navy. One last stamped image of geese in Not Quite Navy and then I finished off the card with just a little white grommet and Artichoke ribbon and plain brown jute. This sample turned out to be my favorite card of the two.
My husband liked this card better for the colors. This one used the same basic beginning, although I embossed the geese in black and did not create a sun or moon. I used Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy to create water at the bottom. Next, I brayered and sponged with Close to Cocoa to create the ground. Above that I layered So Saffron, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Really Rust. I personally thought it was too plain without any embellishments, but my darling hubby liked it the best. I guess we all know which card he's getting for Father's day! Tee hee!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I like them both! Though, I would love to see the bottom one done with the horizontal landscape.

Liz Goldhawk said...

That's a tough one... I really like the sunset sky on the bottom one, but I like the embellishment and the way you stamped the geese in the top one! Great cards!