Sunday, May 24, 2009

CD scrapbook and album

Being the frugal environmentalist that I am, I decided to try and make one of these little CD albums. No - it's not an album to hold CDs! I used a bunch of those silly CDs that come in the mail or the ones that won't burn anything so they end up being useless...you know the ones I mean.
Anyway, I thought this would be the perfect little project to let everyone try out the circle cutter. The basic supplies used were Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, and Kiwi Kiss inks, ribbons, and papers and A Walk in the Park DSP.
On the front I created a monogram using Lovely Letters. Then, I used the square frame from the Frames with a Flourish set. Finally, I used some Stampin' Dimensionals and the square scallop to add the sentiment from the Punches Three set.
More sentiments and stamps come from the Great Friend stamp set and Warm Words set. I used a rub-on from the Hidden Garden set. All of the die-cuts above and below come from the Matchbox die cut and the Birds and Branches sizzlit. Finally, don't forget your Crop-a-dile to punch right throught those CDs!
Now, if you think this is too girly, then go make one for your son or husband using some soccer, baseball, or basketball pictures. Can't you just picture the cover page? Go for it - you can finish a project like this in a day or less!!

4 comments:

LORi said...

Just Beautiful!!! So happy you joined us at TPE this week!!!

HUGS ~ LORI BOYD

Annie said...

Beautiful piece of work - those birds are just so stunning.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the papers and die-cuts you used on this... what a fun album!

Amy J said...

What a fantastic idea!! Now to start saving my junk mail...