Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beautiful page

I must say that the color combo for this page was a little odd to me. I was inspired to create the page based on the colors of the hydrangea bush. I love hydrangeas (even though I believe I have successfully killed my once lovely bush) and I thought Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac and Kiwi Kiss would make a striking color combo to set off the pristine colors of the hydrangeas.
I thought that until I laid all the papers out together....and they laid there...and they laid there....finally I started making some flowers with my Manhattan Flowers set (I know - they are not the same....). I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.
Finally I decided I must put my mind to it and just do something with my ideas. Here's how it turned out. Much better than what I thought!
I used my friends Cricut to create the title and a few of those pearls from the pretties kit. The DSP is Urban Oasis and what's a pretty page without some eyelet border along the side? You can't see it, but in the top corner of the 1st page, it says Beauty is in God's handwriting - the sentiment from the God's Beauty set.

3 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

Beautiful layout! I love the colour combination and think you did a great job with it! Fifth Avenue Florals is my favourite stamp set right now, and I love the way you used it to create the accents for this page!

Holly VanDyne said...

OH WOW Val! This is such an absolutely beautiful page! I love everything about it = great job! :)

Melissa Sauls said...

I ABSOLUTELY love these layouts and the colors Valerie!! My goodness you make just awesome pages! I'm so jealous.