Sunday, May 3, 2009

Early Father's day projects

Well, if all turns out well tomorrow, I will finally get to do a party for a dear friend here in town who runs a terrific day care. She was looking for simple projects that her daycare children could create for their fathers. I first made a scallop envelope basket the Big Shot and the 8 Great Greetings stamp set. When I demonstrate this tomorrow, I think I will attach the handle with brads so that children could place a cupcake into the basket if necessary.
The final request for this party was a bookmark on which a scripture could be written. Since I didn't have a scripture, I just used this sentiment - I thought this would be nice for a Father's day bookmark. Simple, but sweet from a child.

4 comments:

kat said...

Love the basket, hope the demo go well. Can I came make it too?

Liz Goldhawk said...

very nice! I love the basket idea, and the bookmark will make a wonderful gift too!

Holly VanDyne said...

Wow Valerie - LOVE the basket idea! It's absolutely perfect! :)

Amy J said...

Great ideas for fathers! Love the colors you chose!