Thursday, June 21, 2012

One in a Million shaped card

I took a few moments to create this lovely shaped card yesterday.  When I say a few moments....I mean it!   The thing that took the most time was tying my bow.   I had it tied perfectly....and then I decided I wanted it to go the other way.....stupid mistake!  I'm sure you've never done that.  I don't know why I ever decide that.  Once I untie the perfect bow, I usually have to retie it 20 times to get it to look halfway decent again!
Anyway, I digress.....I made this using the Oval Accents Clear Bigz die in the new catalogue.  Basically I took a card base and ran it through the Big Shot....I just didn't put the folded edge all the way to the top of the die - I left it about a centimeter below where the top of the die is.  When you do that, it leaves the crease and creates a shaped card!
After that I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp in Midnight Muse on the card. 
Next, I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight DSP with the Apothecary Accents framelit and sponged the edges with Midnight Muse. 
I stamped the sentiment from One in a Million on the front and used some scraps to stamp these butterflies and punch them out. 
See?  It really was that easy (minus my imperfect bow!)

Stamps:  Distressed Dots, One in a Million, Papillion Potpourri
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Daffodil Delight DSP, Old Olive
Accessories:  Oval Accents die cut, Apothecary Accents framelit, Old Olive satin ribbon, butterfly punch

1 comment:

KilkennyVFX said...

This is so creative! What a beautiful card.