Sunday, June 24, 2012

Project Life in the new page protectors

I am happy to report that the dance recital went quite well and our daughter was immensely proud of herself!  She loves dancing and all things girly, so she had a wonderful time last night!
After we got home and put the kids to bed, I made this layout using an old Simply Scrappin' kit and the new page protectors.  I love the ease with which you can create scrapbook pages in this style!  While I can't say that I want to create all of my scrapbooks using this style of pages, I started doing a week in review album called Project Life (idea of Becky Higgins). 
To keep up with it, I have been journaling our daily activities through Cozi, a free app that is very handy!  When I am ready to scrap a particular week, I copy/paste the journaling into a word document that I made to have the size I need for the album - this week I needed 6 X 4" journaling spots.  After printing on Whisper White, I usually use a few strips of scrap paper or stickers to accent these and give them some color.
This 4X4" size is great to include a lot of pictures.  Or here I mixed pictures with little accents for a nice balance.  I did add a few non-SU items (Jolee's Boutique) that I found on clearance in the big box store (HL).  I also added a few Springtime Wishes stamps for accents. 
By the way, did you notice my ribbon on my Easter tag?  It is an additonal scrap of paper that I folded and cut to look like a piece of ribbon!
I hope you'll give these new page protectors a try - these are so easy to use and make scrapbooking such a quick breeze!

Stamps:  Springtime Wishes
Ink:  Basic Grey
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Whisper White, retired Simply Scrappin' DSP
Accessories:  Retired Simply Scrappin' stickers, stickers (Jolee's Boutique)

No comments: