Saturday, June 30, 2012

Serene Silhouettes and butterflies

I made this card last night with a few of my new stamp sets.  I started with my Serene Silhouette stamp set.  I colored the flower with my Stampin' Write markers - for the flowers I used Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  For the grass/stems I used Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green.  I got both of those color combinations from my Stampin' Coach - love that thing!!!!

So....for the rest of the card.  I started with a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" base and laid a piece of the new Natural Composition specialty DSP across the base.  This paper is so thick and has pre-embossed images - very glossy!  It's gorgeous and great heavy paper!
I added some retired Baja Breeze satin ribbon and tied it in a knot to the side. 
Next, I made 2 more bases - a 3 3/4 X 3 1/4" base that I stamped with En Francais in Soft Suede.  I sponged that base with not Quite Navy.
Then, the 3 1/2 X 3" base that I used for the flower image.  I sponged that with Not Quite Navy.
For the accents, I just used the leftover pieces of cardstock! 
Did I mention that I LOVE the new butterfly punch?!  It's a good thing I'm already married....otherwise, I might propose to it!  ;)  Just kidding!!!!

Stamps:  Papillion Poutpourri, En Francais, Petite Pairs, Serene Silhouettes
Ink:  Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Natural Composition specialty DSP
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Butterfly punch, Apothecary Accents framelits, Baja Breeze satin ribbon (retired)

No comments: