Monday, January 10, 2011

2 pager and a matching card from scraps!

 I saw this great two-page spread on UStamp with Dawn and friends and knew immediately that I needed to scraplift the idea.  I didn't really have any need to use Valentine stuff on a layout, though, so I decided to go for playful and cute. 
 This is my nephew....who is going to be a big brother now, according to my own brother!  Yeah!  In these pics he was just learning how to walk....or run, as the journaling says! 
 Here is what the layout looks like together.  I was pleased with it overall, although, I think if I fixed anything I would change the letters.  Oh, well...Here's a card I made from all of the scraps.  The heart paper was part of the Playdate DSP I used and the grey accents actually were part of some packaging from some free rub-ons SU sent to their demos for Valentines Day.  They made the front of the packaging using MDS, so I couldn't just throw it away....I re-used it on this card! 
Stamps:  Forest Friends, Funky Four, Filled With Love
Ink:  Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Playdate DSP
Accessories:  Grey satin ribbon, real red and tempting turquoise button, scallop edge punch, scallop trim border, play date stickers, eyelet border punch, paper crimper, 2 1/2", 1 3/4", 1" circle punches, scallop square punch, corner rounder, rhinestones

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love the love theme on your blog! The layout is very nice (love all the pictures you got on it), and your Valentine's card is very pretty!