Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nana!

In honor of Nana Norma's birthday today, I have a layout just for her.  Here she is reading a book to Halleigh this past Mother's Day (2010).  In the journaling pocket, I wrote several things for Halleigh to always know about her Nana...for instance, that her Nana loves her very much.
Below is a closeup of the bling on the page....Sketches for All is having a Bling on 2011 challenge, so they have lots of blingy challenges - this one required using pink, green and rhinestones. 
If you look really closely, you will also notice that I pleated the scalloped edge of the paper.  I creased it every 1/2" or so and then pleated it to add dimension to the border. 
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pixie Pink, Kaleidoscope DSP
Accessories:  Scallop edge punch, pumpkin pie satin ribbon, journaling pocket (My Mind's Eye?), shiny 3-d stickers (Me & My Big Ideas?), Rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments: