Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tangled! hits the scrapbook page

This is actually my second post for the day, so if you want to see another cute little accordian book, scroll down!
I haven't done any PageMaps sketches in a while, so I thought I would start the new year with a sketch from PageMaps.  You can see it kind of turned it a little topsy turvy. 
 I had a little locket of my daughter's hair that I wanted to include on the page, so I created a little window to hold the hair.  I used one of the scallop squares off of the scallop square duo diecut for Sizzix to create the container.  I made two of them and punched a square in the top one to create a window.  I put a tiny scrap of clear window sheet underneath and adhered everything with a strip of dimensional tape under each side of the window.  It was a little too plain like it was and so I wanted to doll it up some without taking away from the view of the lockets, so I made a little square of rhinestones and added a scrap of the little border to it so it wasn't too busy. 
And since I was in the coloring mood, I thought Tangled would be a great title for her first haircut!  Of course, I just had to use the Little Honeys Rapunzel as an accent for the title!  So stinkin' cute!!!  Well, almost as cute as my little princess, anyway!

Ink:  Barely Banana, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Greenhouse Gala DSP, Pear Pizzazz DSP, Delightful Daffodil
Accessories:  Scallop square duo die, rhinestones (All SU), Letters, border and glimmer brads (Making Memories), LH Rapunzel (Sassy Studio Designs)

No comments: