Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ask Santa

Here is a little layout I made last night using Poppy Parade.  I have been a little hesitant to use this color for layouts, but I really ended up liking it for this Christmas layout.  It may just end up being the hot Christmas red color this year!
My patterned papers were leftover pieces of October Afternoon patterned paper from the CKC Convention.
Here is a closeup of the title area.  I used a tag, stickers and banner from the Studio Calico Singin' in the Rain kit.  I distressed the tag with Poppy Parade ink and stamped snowflakes in Marina Mist.  You also see the Vintage Snowman from one of the stamp sets in the mini catalogue.  I just love this Santa image.  It's so realistic looking.  I colored his face and added some shading to his beard image.  Next, I added some white fun flocking to his beard and hat.  Finally, I stamped the hat image onto some red material and cut the hat image out and stuck it on top.  It just adds a really nice texture to the layout.
In the corner are some swatches of patterned paper as well as a few journaling spots from the October Afternoon sticker sheet.  I added a tiny bit of Baker's Twine to the circle spot so it would look like an ornament hanging from the top of the page. 
Hmmmm....I wonder what we'll tell Santa this year.....she tried to color herself like an Easter egg?   I tell ya....I left for an hour to go exercise and came home to hear her daddy say, "Mommy do you have the camera?"  I should have known something pretty silly was coming!  Thankfully it was washable.....hopefully none will show up in the Easter pictures after her bath!

No comments: