Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Studio Calico Sunday Sketch

Here's a sketch from my own Kentucky Proud, Studio Calico!  The best part about living only an hour and a half away is that I get my kit the day after it ships!  So I was already able to make the Sunday Sketch using my new kit!  Yippee!
Look at these gorgeous colors of Crate Paper.  So soft and pretty - irresistable!  They were perfect for my daughter at her dance class.  I used a combination of the Island Floral die cut and the Fancy Flower punch to create the flowers for this page.  After cutting them out, I used my distressing tool kit to curl up the edges of the flowers and give them dimension.
Here's a closeup of the flowers.  The red flower in the center is from Making Memories.  On the tag I started with some letter stickers I have had for years.  I spritzed Mr. Huey Lemonade and Cherry Limeade Glimmer Mist on and then took off the stickers, leaving the masked word.  I then used some Studio Calico stickers for Dancing.  I added a crown trinket from the mini catalogue to the tag. 
Finally, for the butterflies - the small yellow ones are Jenni Bowlin studio, the wood veneer are studio calico and I stamped the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp on top and spritzed with the same mists.

No comments: