Friday, April 15, 2011

ScrapFIT Workout #42 - Back in the Day

It's time for another ScrapFIT workout!  Get your scrappy workout clothes on and get ready for
Workout #42 - Back In The Day


We often seem to concentrate on scrapbooking our current photos but for this workout we are going to dig out an old photo! Pull out the box under your bed and find a picture of you as a kid (any age)! Its important to scrapbook the past as well as the present! Lets see what look you give this page, will it be a vintage look or how about a retro 80’s look???

It just so happened that my mom happened to be cleaning out her closets the other day and found a whole slew of my old pictures.   Mind you, I ended up throwing several away and there were many that were stuck together.  But I decided to use these pictures from a 7 week mission trip to St. Petersburg that I took back when I was in college - about 15 years ago or so.
I had a kit leftover from one of the classes that I took at the CKC-Louisville.  I think it was fun with fabric.  I didn't want to do my layout exactly like the idea they had, so I just took the basic idea and did my own thing with the materials that were in the kit.  It was great October Afternoon paper and label stickers as well as some fabric Thickers from American Crafts.
I did hand cut the big yellow flower here, but for the rest of the flowers, I used my SU Sizzix dies.  I completely wear those flower dies out!  I love that they are so easy and so pretty to make!  Finally, I added a big yellow pearl brad inside a melon mambo button on the big yellow flower.  I also stitched melon colored embroidery thread on both of the yellow flowers to add a little life and color to their stems. 
So head on over to the ScrapFIT workout blog page and get a little scrappy!  We have a great sponsor this month, Sweet Peach Crop Shop has generously donated 2 of their specialty Anniversary Kits to us this month!

No comments: