Friday, April 8, 2011

Club meets tomorrow! Here's a sneaky peek!

Hannah is our host for tomorrow's club meeting.  So, I thought I would use some of the new sneak peek products from next year's catalogue.  I used the Four Frames stamp set and the Paisley Prints paper to make both of these layouts.  On the top layout, I added the Elements of Style flower to the side using Crumb Cake ink on the same color paper.  One of the frames is a perfect match to that flower. 
I stamped both of the frames first in Marina Mist and then chose a definition from Define Your Life to go inside.  I just added a few random pictures for each page.  These little 6X6 pages are great for those pictures that people give you that don't really go with anything else. 
Here I made a gate fold card using the Nature's Walk stamp set.  For the background, I swiped More Mustard, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, and Chocolate Chip across a Very Vanilla piece of paper.  I then stamped the woodgrain background stamp and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.

For the image, I used the Poppin' Pastels technique.  I started stamping the bird cage in VersaMark and used a sponge dauber to dab Chocolate Chip chalk pastels on top of the image.  Next, I stamped the bee in VersaMark and dabbed So saffron chalk on it.  Finally, I stamped the number stamp and dabbed Old Olive on top.  Very subtle, but effective for a pleasing result!

No comments: