Monday, January 9, 2012

One Card, 3 Ways

I saw a similar card on UStamp this weekend and just adored the watercoloring on the card. I loved the simplicity of the layout and the stunning results, so I decided to re-create the card with my own versions. This time, I decided I would make 3 versions of the card - just to see how they turned out differently.
Essentially all of the cards are the same - the same measurements, same stamps, same basic color scheme. The colors obviously change, the embossing folder changes, and the method of coloring changed for each card.
For this card, I used my traditional method of coloring - starting with the ink in the lid of my stamp pad and my blender pen and AquaPainters.  I colored the flowers with Blushing Bride and Baja Breeze, leaves with Pear Pizzazz.  I went back over each with Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, and Island Indigo. 
So, here is where I tried a new technique.  I wasn't really sure if I liked this at first, but I think with a final glance, I really like it.  In this method I used the same exact colors.  This time, though, I started with the brush end of my Stampin' Write markers and outlined each edge of the images.  I then took my blender pen and Aqua Painter and pushed the color around until the image was sufficiently filled.  It's a great way to use your Stampin' Write markers and get a beautiful effect!
And, finally, I couldn't resist playing with my Copic Markers while I was waiting on my watercolors to dry!  The colors don't match up completely because they are not Stampin' Up, but they have a nice smooth effect.  I stuck with pretty basic colors here, though, so I could keep it from clashing.  Oddly enough, it's my hubby's favorite card of the three.  Probably since it's grey!!

So, tell me - which card is your favorite card?

Stamps:  Bordering on Romance
Ink:  StazOn, Memento, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, old Olive, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Copic markers
Paper:  Watercolor Paper, Basic Grey, Island Indigo, Blushing Bride, Twitterpated DSP, Neenah
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Aqua Painters, Elegant Lines Embossing folder, Flower Garden embossing folder, Manhattan Flower embossing folder

2 comments:

Carol Manning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Manning said...

I like the blue colored one the best.