Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sale-a-Bration and a layout!

 
 
 
It's the most wonderful time of the year!  At least it is if you like Stampin' Up products!  You receive a free Sale-a-Bration product for every $50 you spend! Click on the links above to learn more! 
 
Don't pass out....I finally finished another layout!  I know....without snow days it's tough to get anything done....such a bummer!
I loved the scenery in this picture from For Your Inspiration, so I created this nice, summery page to make up for no snow and no summery weather!
I used the Simply Scrappin' kit from last year's summer mini for this page.  I used the basic layout sketch from one I saw on Papercrafter's Library.  Here is the left side.  I layered a few flower and circle stickers.  I painted the top circle with Smooch Illuminate and added a Rose Red button to the top.  The letter stickers are Thickers from American Crafts.  I've run out of enough chipboard letters for this title!! 
Here is the right side - Just a little panel of pics and a tiny journaling tab at the top.  Since it was at the top, I just let it hang off just a tiny bit.  I layered a banner sticker and Pumpkin Pie button to gussy it up just a tiny bit.  (By the way....did you know you can get those Brights Buttons for FREE?!??!  Check out the Sale-a-Bration link for more details!)
Overall, not too difficult a page and nice bright colors for the late summery soccer season!

Ink:  Rose Red
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rose Red, Simply Scrappin' DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Simply Scrappin' kit (retired), Brights buttons, scallop trim border punch, Smooch Illuminate top coat

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun page inspired from the photo!! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Mynn xx said...

What a fabulous layout!!! LOVE the large polka dots--they're the perfect touch! :)

Michelle said...

Valerie, this is such a lovely layout, and great use of the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

dstandard said...

Love your fun page from the photo image! Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

Debby said...

You really nailed the colours with this great layout! Thanks for joining us at FYI.