Monday, January 2, 2012

Pregnancy journal and book has begun

I don't really know why I have put off creating this pregnancy journal for our coming son.  I suppose mostly because I started one for a baby back in February and lost the baby soon after starting the journal.  It broke my heart to just open the book and look at those little ultrasound pictures and know the only way we would ever meet that sweet baby was when we get to heaven. 
I finally decided last night that since we only have about 12 weeks to go until this baby will be here, I had better get to work on this journal! 
 
I started with this title page.  I am using the Nursery Nest paper and stickers as my overall theme with other pieces added in.  This page is Basic Grey and I made little booties out of the Stitched Stockings stamp set.  I had a few non-SU accents - the rub-on and the title and safetly pin.

Stamps:  Stitched Stockings
Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:  Basic Grey, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Accessories:  Stocking punch, Nursery Nest die cut stickers, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, rub-on (Pebbles), Title, safety pin (making memories)
Here is a little page that talks about how mommy and daddy found out and how we felt when we first found out.  Nothing too exciting here - just journaling.

Paper:  Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories:  Basic Black journaling marker, Nursery Nest die cut stickers, basic rhinestones, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, tag (making memories)
And here are our first ultrasound pictures....you know, the ones that mostly look like you're growing a little kidney bean!  ;)  It's still sweet - no matter how tiny a picture!

Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories:  Nursery Nest die cut stickers, Glimmer Brads Basics
And for now the last two pages I made before bed were the journaling about who we told first.  I actually typed this out on my computer and printed it out in grey ink for these pages.  It was longer than the other journaling and I wanted to make sure the lines were straight! 

Paper: Basic Grey, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories:  Nursery Nest die cut stickers, Basic rhinestones, rub-on (Pebbles), onesie (making memories)

6 comments:

Nicole Brenna said...

Hi Valerie
I love this idea... always wanted to do something similar for my daughter started kinda but still have to finish and she is almost 4 boy does time fly.... anyhow I wanted to let you know that the link you posted on SEM isnt working.... I tried to fix it but all I can do is just delete it. I figured if you can I would let you just delete it and then repost it with the link to this post on your blog. Our followers like to go and see all the work too so it would be nice to have a working link... I am sure it is just a typo.... thanks so much for joining in on the challenge and I was truly inspired by your album!!!!

Sherri said...

What a sweet album Valerie. I recognized your name from the SC site, and just had to come right over and say hello. What an incredible gift you are creating there, as much for you and your dh as for the little one preparing to join your family. Thanks so much for playing along with us this month.

Lisa H said...

Hello Valerie, I'm sorry for your previous loss, that is a hard thing. =( I love your album and I'm glad you decided to make it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Roulien Stahnke said...

Hi Valerie
Firstly . . . thank you so much for playing along with us @ SEM!! We are so glad that you've decided to share your work with us! Your album is beautiful . . . it will be such a blessing in years to come to your family. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Jeannine said...

Valerie, what a precious album you're creating here! I wish so much scrapbooking would have been popular back when our girls were little. I would love to have something like this that would take the story step by step explaining how we felt each step of the way and having pictures to go with it. That's so awesome! I'm so sorry for the loss you experienced prior to this but glad that you're able to put this together for this baby. It's priceless!

antenucci said...

Congrats on facing a heartbreak and pushing onward to greet a new little life - a blessing! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.