Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quilted page and card

On the UStamp class I'm taking right now, they gave a sample of a quilted page that looked similar to this.  While I used different papers from the original version, I pretty much went by the tutorial and cased the majority of the original version - I really liked the look of it!
Plus, Practical Scrappers had a challenge to try one of the new trends of 2011 and while I have tried many of those trends, this was on my list to try - a pinwheel or a quilted look. 
For this layout, I just wanted to accentuate our great food that we had on our Disney trip.  I decided to use the Cheerful Treat DSP that is in the hostess section of the big catalogue.  I love the bright and cheerful colors. 
On the title and heart, I used some retired chipboard and drug it through some VersaMark ink.  I embossed each little piece with Melon Mambo Embossing Powder.   I took a tiny swatch of the Lucky Limeade organza ribbon from the SAB catalogue and wrapped it around a few tiny sections just for accent.  Finally, I added some in color brads in the center of each pinwheel/quilt section.
And here's the other side of the page - mostly the same.  I decided to add a little doily from the Flirtatious DSP under the heart at the top.
Since I liked this technique so much, I decided to case the card, too!  More of the same paper - I just added a little Hello from the Elementary Elegance stamp set in the SAB catalogue.

Stamps:  Elementary Elegance
Ink:  Concord Crush, VersaMark
Paper:  Concord Crush, Cheerful Treat DSP, Flirtatious DSP, Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Accessories:  In color brads, Lucky Limeade organza ribbon, chipboard (retired), Melon mambo embossing powder, scallop edge punch

No comments: