Saturday, December 17, 2011

Another sneak peek - doily Christmas card

I must say I probably made it onto the naughty list this month with all of the new items I bought from the upcoming mini catalogue!  I just loved so many items from the mini, I couldn't help myself!  Take for instance, this gorgeous doily!  Is it not beautiful? 
I decided to make a quickie little Christmas card so I could play with my new diecut.  This is the Large Paper Doily diecut - it is the depth of a sizzlit, but it is probably about 5 1/2 X 5 1/2" square.
I suggest using thin paper for this since it is very intricate - it tends to cut better.  Here I used Whisper White and kept it simple.
I stamped a stocking from the Stitched Stockings set on a scrap of Crumb Cake and added a tiny rhinestone.
I finished it off with a touch of silver glimmer paper for the accents on the stocking.  Simple and shimmery!
Take a look!
Stamps: Stitched Stockings
Ink:  Garden Green
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Silver glimmer paper
Accessories:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Stocking punch, Large Paper Doily Die cut

No comments: