Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Greeting Card Kids Christmas card

I got in the coloring mood recently and decided I wanted to color the Christmas girl image from the Greeting Card kids stamp set.  I saw a sample of a card from Lorri Heiling at Stampin' Connection, a forum for SU demos.  I changed up her idea quite a bit, but I liked the Baja Breeze/Crumb Cake color combo and the white snowflakes.
I watercolored this image using my blender pens and the ink from my stamp pads.  It was relatively easy and with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds, I thought it had quite a stunning effect.
So, since I was in the coloring mood, I decided to use my Copic markers for this image.  A very different effect, but nice and smooth shading here on the dress.  My tree was a bit greener than I wanted, but overall I like it. 
I added some Liquid Applique and flocking from CTMH on this one.  I like the fluffy effect, although you can't see it well.

I think my favorite is the Baja Breeze one.  What about you?

Stamps:  Greeting Card Kids, Serene Snowflakes
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, White craft, Copic markers
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Retired DSP
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds, ric rac, baja breeze grosgrain ribbon, tinsel (retired, but on the clearance rack right now!!)

No comments: