Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Half circle gate fold Christmas card

Back when we got the big catalogue in July, a few of my customers decided they wanted to make a card like the one on page 51.  Basically a gate fold card that uses a half circle.  I requested a template from Papercrafter's Library, and the ladies there were gracious enough to create a template that I could use to make a card. 
So here are a few different versions of this card.  This is the version I made Sunday during our club.  I used Early Espresso ink and Letters to Santa DSP.  We decided to try punching out an extra decorative label punch and turn it sideways for the backing of the number 25.  We finished it off with a little bling, of course.
Here is the first card I made - pretty monochromatic with just a hint of color in the glimmer paper.  For this one, I actually punched the label and cut a larger version out of the glimmer paper.  I like this look, too.
Here it is without the belly band on.
And here is the inside.  It is just enough to make an inside and keep it covered up with the gate fold and belly band.  Lovely overall impression!

Stamps:  Merry & Type
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Letters to Santa DSP, red glimmer paper
Accessories:  scallop square die, sponge, Decorative label punch, basic rhinestones and pearls

No comments: