Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gift Card Holders

As many people really like gift cards, I had to make 3 gift card holders for family members.  Here are the three gift card holders I made.
This first gift card holder uses the Merry & Bright DSP from the big catalogue.
On the outside I stamped the snowman image from Tags 'Til Christmas and outlined the edge in Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (coming out in the spring mini catalogue!).
Here is the way it looks on the inside - there is a gift card when you first open it.
Then the gift card pops up and there is a greeting below.
I used the Merry and Type stamp set for the greeting. Riding Hood Red Ink.
Here is another one just like it - I used some of last years' DSP.  Real Red paper with pewter embossing powder here.
I had to make this one slightly different because the Target card was not a standard sized gift card.
I used some retired DSP and Simply Scrappin' stickers along with Real Red Satin Ribbon.
As you can see, I didn't make this one a pop-up card.  I folded it more like a pocket with the gift card inside.  I added a few more stickers from the Simply Scrappin' kit and finished it off with a rhinestone and a modern label punch.
Easy and effective.

Stamps:  Merry and Type, Tags 'Til Christmas
Ink:  Marina Mist, Versamark, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Merry and Type DSP, retired DSP, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  Retired Simply Scrappin' kit, rhinestones, 1 3/4" circle punch, modern label punch, Pewter Embossing Powder, sponges, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details

No comments: